Transition Plan in view of merger of Union Territories of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu
SIA is forwarding herewith Agenda Note No.: Feb 2020-024 in respect of Transition Plan in view of merger of Union Territories of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu –Reg. issued by Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, CBIC, GST Policy Wing.
As per Agenda Note, The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India (GoI) proposed merger of the existing UTs of Daman & Diu (hereinafter referred to as DD) and Dadra & Nagar Haveli (hereinafter referred to as DNH) into a single Union Territory.
Following are the changes that are required in view of the merger of UTs:
- Migration of old GSTINs which are getting merged with new UT code 26,
- Payment, Cash Ledger, Settlement Ledger, Return Dashboard and other changes,
- Back Office related changes under Scrutiny, Assessment, Refund, Appeal, Adjudication, Enforcement, Recovery, BO login etc.
- Offline Templates/ Utilities related changes,
- Changes on account of other Stakeholders like Accounting Authorities, Banks, Pr. CCA etc.
In view of the above, it is proposed that a special procedure is required to be formulated and the same has to be notified under section 148 of the Act to address the aforesaid difficulties faced by the taxpayers of merged UT of DNH & DD.
Full copy of Agenda Note can be seen by clicking here.